If I see a chance to knock two items off of my bucket list in one swoop… I will take it. (I am all about efficiency.) So when the opportunity arose to visit Canada AND run a half marathon I quickly jumped at the chance and roped my family to join.
Then I had 7 months of dreading it.
13.1 miles? What kind of masochist am I?
I don’t have a ton of pictures to share… the weekend went by in an absolute blur. But I can tell you that Vancouver is a great city and I finished the race. The rest is just filler.
- Get a pixie haircut. – Completed Dec 12, 2012
- Go on a vacation alone.
- Learn to longboard skateboard. Or at least attempt it.
- Complete a catch on the flying trapeze. – Completed Sept 24, 2013
- Throw a fancy dinner party.
- Run a marathon. (But I will settle for a half) – Completed Aug 23, 2014 with Lululemon Seawheeze Half
- Visit Canada. – Completed Aug 22, 2014
- Travel to a country I have never been before (not Canada). – Completed May 9, 2013 with Amsterdam
- Revisit my best friend in Florida.
- See a football game in the south. War Eagle.
- Learn to grill. – Completed April 2013
- Attempt snowboarding… again.
- Take a cooking class. – Completed Nov 11, 2012 at Pantry at Delancy – Pie Ninja
- Hold my future niece or nephew. – Completed October 15, 2013
- Treat my parents.
- Make a pie from scratch. – Completed November 21, 2012 – Apple Ginger Pie
- Find the perfect swimsuit.
- Decorate a christmas tree.
- Ride a motorcycle.
- Explore 5 states I have never visited before.
- Conquer my reoccuring NYE resolution of reading 50 books in one year. – Completed 2013
- Learn to french braid. – Completed Fall 2012
- Take a 2 week vacation: 2 consecutive weeks.
- Build something… that doesn’t come from Ikea.
- Do one cartwheel.
- Matchmake a couple, successfully.
- Wear my navy blue special occasion Florida dress.
- Be apart of something momentous, memorable, and national. Subjective… deal with it.
BONUS: Be awesome every day.