For the past 3 years I have been trying to read 50 books in a single year. At first I was no where close and the next year almost there… and 2013? I made it.
2011: 23 books
2012: 43 books
2013: 51 books. 18,527 pages.
There is no point in being modest, I am really proud of this accomplishments. For those that spend any sort of time with me in real life, you know I have at least one book in my purse at all time. I often arrive early to coffee or dinner or events, just so I can read. And my “perfect guy” will be one that doesn’t mind me curling up on the couch to read all night. (You’d be surprised how I have yet to date a guy that can just “hang” like that)
Reading isn’t difficult but it is time sensitive, thankfully I really enjoy it. But reading 51 books in year? Never again. The month of December was stressful as I had gotten behind but finished my 51st book just a few hours before my NYE plans.
Also, in case you didn’t know? Girls who read are sexy.
- Get a pixie haircut. - Completed Dec 12, 2012
- Go on a vacation alone.
- Learn to longboard skateboard. Or at least attempt it.
- Complete a catch on the flying trapeze. - Completed Sept 24, 2013
- Throw a fancy dinner party.
- Run a marathon. (But I will settle for a half)
- Visit Canada.
- Travel to a country I have never been before (not Canada). - Completed May 9, 2013 with Amsterdam
- Revisit my best friend in Florida.
- See a football game in the south. War Eagle.
- Learn to grill. - Completed April 2013
- Attempt snowboarding… again.
- Take a cooking class. - Completed Nov 11, 2012 at Pantry at Delancy – Pie Ninja
- Hold my future niece or nephew. - Completed October 15, 2013
- Treat my parents.
- Make a pie from scratch. – Completed November 21, 2012 – Apple Ginger Pie
- Find the perfect swimsuit.
- Decorate a christmas tree.
- Ride a motorcycle.
- Explore 5 states I have never visited before.
- Conquer my reoccuring NYE resolution of reading 50 books in one year. – Completed 2013
- Learn to french braid. – Completed Fall 2012
- Take a 2 week vacation: 2 consecutive weeks.
- Build something… that doesn’t come from Ikea.
- Do one cartwheel.
- Matchmake a couple, successfully.
- Wear my navy blue special occasion Florida dress.
- Be apart of something momentous, memorable, and national. Subjective… deal with it.
BONUS: Be awesome every day.